The smell of your vagina shall never be a punch line for a horrible joke. But, most of the women have to deal with the vaginal odor at least once or twice in their whole lifetime. It is not false that every woman has a different scent and may be affected by various factors, including menstruation, infection and sexual activity.
The normal and healthy vagina shall not have any kind of odor. These are the things you need to do to make sure you smell fresh and stay clean down there:
Washing and Showering Tips
You should know about the proper ways to care for your vagina when you are in the bathroom:
- It depends on your routine of every day, but you may need to shower daily, especially when you notice a smelly vagina.
- After you have ended a workout session, make sure that you shower, in order to remove the sweat from the body, including the vagina.
- Do not mask the smell by using fragrant soap. If it is possible use only natural soaps, because the soaps most people use today have chemicals that can upset the natural balance of the vagina and might cause irritation.
- Clean only the outer part of the vagina because this can worsen the problem.
- Do not douche, unless your doctor tells you so.
- You should always wipe from front to back in order to avoid infection, and for this you can use wet wipes and baby wipes in order to remove the dry wipe residue, which can also cause infection.
Things for the Vagina If you are using some items for this part of your body, here are some things you need to remember:
- Please make sure you lubricant is water based or silicone.
- Do not use products for around the vagina, as for example, lotions and others that aren’t meant for vaginal use.
- Buy only breathable cotton underwear and make sure you change it at least once a day.
- If you are using tampons, do not leave it for a long time because it encourages the immune system to respond and attack the foreign object. The same is intended for a condom, in case it breaks and a small part of it remains in the vagina.
Poor hygiene, bacterial growth, yeast infections and even hormonal changes might affect the odor of your vagina. In case it is smelly, you should try to resolve the problem right away. But in case there are other problems and symptoms, such as burning, irritation, redness and itching in the vaginal area, this might be a result of an infection. You should visit your doctor as soon as possible to get a diagnosis.